RapidCalc is a sophisticated bolus insulin dose calculator for diabetics following a basal-bolus regimen. With intelligent tracking of insulin on board, automatic carbohydrate ratio and blood glucose target selection, RapidCalc dramatically simplifies blood glucose management. Complete with detailed history, charting and statistics features, RapidCalc is designed to be easy to use and easy to live with.
INSULIN ON BOARD TRACKING
Can't remember when or how much you last dosed? - Don't worry. RapidCalc avoids dose stacking by keeping track of your bolus doses and factoring in Insulin On Board when calculating a suggested dose.
AUTOMATIC TARGET AND RATIO SELECTION
RapidCalc supports up to 6 different target blood glucose levels, correction factors and carbohydrate ratios for different times of day and automatically selects the appropriate values when calculating a suggested dose.
QUICK DATA ENTRY AND DOSE SUGGESTION
Unique slide-and-tap controls let you enter your blood glucose and carbohydrate values quickly and easily. Simply drag the slider close to your value and then tap on the slider rail to make fine adjustments. As you adjust your values RapidCalc instantly recalculates suggested meal and correction bolus doses.
BASAL DOSE RECORDING
RapidCalc also makes it easy to record your background insulin doses and supports up to three preset doses with optional reminders.
"PUMPING WITHOUT A PUMP"
RapidCalc delivers many of the benefits normally associated with an insulin pump and indeed users describe it as being like "pumping without a pump". Using RapidCalc along with correct basal insulin dosing it is possible to achieve control similar to that of a well set up pump.
ACTIVITY BASED DOSE ADJUSTMENT
Integrated dose adjustment for exercise based on intensity and duration as well as compensation for recent hypos or alcohol.
LOG BOOK, STATS AND CHARTING
RapidCalc effectively replaces your log book, providing a full 90-day history of blood glucose readings, insulin doses and carbohydrate intake which can be exported via email for archive or analysis. Built-in charts and summary statistics help you assess your blood glucose control, identify trends and even estimate your HbA1c.
- Intelligent tracking of Insulin On Board
- Suggested insulin dose based on blood glucose, carbs and IOB
- Automatic target pre-meal blood glucose level selection
- Automatic correction factor and carb ratio selection
- Unique slide-and-tap input for quick data entry
- Basal dose recording with configurable reminders
- Dose adjustment for exercise intensity and duration
- Clear, interactive controls with instant dose feedback
- Charting of blood glucose readings and trend data
- Summary statistics for doses, glucose and carbohydrates
- Estimated HbA1c based on average readings
- 90-day rolling history
- Backup/Export history data and settings via email
- Integrated safety warnings and guidance
- Choice of mmol/L or mg/dL blood glucose units
- Enter Carbs in grams or portions of 10, 12 or 15g
- Choice of % or mmol/mol HbA1c units
- Customised carb ratios and correction factors
- Customised target, warning and ideal glucose levels
- No Wifi or 3G connection needed
- Built-in help
RapidCalc is intended for guidance only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Always discuss use of the calculator with your health care professional and only use personal settings agreed with them. If you are in any doubt as to the correct insulin dose always follow the advice of your healthcare professional.
RapidCalc is proudly supported by Menarini in Italy, Netherlands, Spain, UK and Ireland.
For information, please contact:
Italy - www.menarinidiagnostics.it
Netherlands - www.menarinidiagnostics.nl
Spain - www.menarinidiag.es
United Kingdom - www.menarini.co.uk
Please be informed that the links above will take you to a website the content of which has been designed in accordance with country specific laws and regulations.