GlucoLog DKA Expert: a guide for professionals to help them choosing the best therapy of diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA), especially in pediatric patients.
The software allows to follow DKA patients step-by-step, monitoring their status and intervening on the therapy in a simple and practical way.
Diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) is a life threatening condition requiring timely and specific management that involves
- Precise calculations of intravenous fluid
- Accurate dosing of insulin
- Frequent change in therapy
- Hourly clinical and laboratory monitoring
To help physicians managing DKA, A.Menarini Diagnostics has developed GlucoLog DKA Expert, a CE-marked software able to:
- record clinical observations
- calculate fluid requirement and osmolality
- balance insulin and potassium intravenous infusion
- monitor hourly BG, UG, ketones, laboratory tests, fluid input and output, ECG, BP, heart and respiratory rate, neurological assessment using GCS
- correct sodium concentration for hyperglycemia
GlucoLog DKA Expert has been created according to ISPAD guidelines in collaboration with the Hospital of the University of Parma, Dept. of Paediatrics.
For information and assistance, please contact:
Please be informed that the as above will take you to a website the content of which has been designed in accordance with country specific laws and regulations.